To manage shipping on your site, you first need to enable shipping under Ecommerce Settings. This is because not all ecommerce sites require shipping charges (digital products, services etc.).
1. If not already logged in, click on the + in the top right hand corner of your site
and login using the form provided.
2. Click on the gears in the top left hand corner to expand the toolbar and hit the Ecommerce Icon and then the Shipping button.
3. When the shipping modal is open you will be given the ability to add a country. For sake of example we have added the country United States and pressed the "Add Country" button.
4. What you then need to do is create a shipping method for that country by clicking on the "Add Shipping Method" button.
- The shipping method name will allow you to identify it later if you want to change it.
- The shipping method type allows you to specify whether shipping is calculated according to the weight of the order or the value of the order.
5. Once a shipping method has been created it will be shown in the list under the country. To edit the shipping method, simply click on the method's name.
6. You'll be shown the details of the shipping method.
- You can go back to shipping countries by clicking on the breadcrumb trail.
- You can edit the name of the shipping method by clicking on the pencil to the right of the name.
- The method type cannot be changed, but is shown for you to know what type it is.
- The active / inactive status of the shipping method can be toggled by clicking on the button. Remember to activate your shipping method when you're done.
- To add a range you must click on the Add Range Button.
7. Adding a range to a shipping method simply requires you to enter the upper value of the range whether it is a monetary value or a weight and the shipping price that that range will add to the cart total.
The way shipping ranges work:
- If you only specify a range from $0 to $10 at a shipping price of $5 then for every $10 in value the shopping cart is the customer will be charged $5. eg: a cart of the value $30 will have a $15 shipping charge.
- If you specify a secondary range it will automatically take the upper value from the previous range and put it in the lower value of the new range.
- The secondary range will become the shipping price value that will be used to calculate the final shipping cost to customer. eg: if the secondary range is $10 - $50 = $7.50 and the customer's cart is worth $100 they will pay $15 for shipping.
- You may want to specify a range where shipping will be free. To do this simply specify a range (usually not the first range) and set the shipping price to zero.
8. Specifying different shipping prices for different regions (eg: the different states of USA) requires you to enter a value for each state under each range. If you don't speficy these it will take the master range specified in the initial price input for that country.
If there need to be different shipping prices for different regions, specify these in the dialogue presented. Note that all regions will require a value to be entered in this dialogue. Click on Save or Cancel at the bottom of the dialogue when done.
Important Note: Test your shipping methods thoroughly to be sure you're not over or under charging your customers.